Finally, Messina have opened up a store in Parramatta.
Located in the heart of the Church st mall restaurant and cafe hub.
If you have yet to try this deliciousness you must get on the band wagon!
Signature flavours include:
Coconut & Lychee
Salted Caramel and White Chocolate
Milk Chocolate with chocolate peanut fudge
The list goes on and on, my favourite is the salted coconut and mango salsa! Delicious salty fruit :P
In addition to their signature flavours they also have limited editions every week I believe (don't quote me on it). Current flavours include:
1. Kevin bacon (maple whiskey gelato with candied bacon crunch)
2. Robert Brownie Jrn ( Milk chocolate gelato with cho brownie and chocolate fudge)
3. Mandarin (gf Freshly squeezed mandarin sorbet)
4. The Mighty Gm pie (Peanut butter gelato with choc pie crust, cho custard, banana jam & peanut cream
5. Dulce and Gabanana (gf: banana gelato smashed w dulce de leche jam)
6. C is Cookies ( Choc chip gelato with chocolate chip cookies)
So get yourself down to a Gelato Messina outlet asap to try out these limited flavours!
Open times and address for their Parramatta store can be found here: weebly
If you feel like something different to your regular gelato haunt, why not try Stix Desserts. Situated on 620 Crown St, Surry Hills.
For $4.50 there is a 3 step process:
Step 1: Choose a flavour
Step 2: Dunk it (white, milk or dark choclate)
Step 3: Top it (with either peanuts, hundreds & thousands, coconut, pretzels, oreo etc)
If you are undecided on what to choose you are most welcome to sample the flavours.
Combo's we tried:
Salted caramel flavour with milk chocolate and coconut
Panna cotta with milk chocolate and peanuts
Blood orange sorbet with dark chocolate and coconut
You get given the stix in a little paper carrier in case you spill it everywhere ;P.
All three amazing flavours! Definitely worth a visit if you are in the area.
P.s They only take cash!
Opening times can be found here: weebl
Located at 225 George St beside The Morrison bar and Oyster Room we missed the entry so walked through from The Morrison, arrived about 7.30pm ish there were no tables so we sat at the bar.
Tiny little spot i would have to say. Thankfully a couple left so we snagged their table.
Order at the bar and grab a number. Ben and I both got "The Black Widow" which is the charcoal bun with ground beef, Chipotle mayo and Jalapenos and the duck fat chips to share!
Did not have to wait long, they arrived we devoured them and then we commented.
- The charcoal bun doesn't really have a strong taste to it but it felt a wee bit odd eating a black bun alas that also made it feel special
- Ground beef and chipotle together great combo!
- Not a fan of jalapenos but Ben loved them
- Duck fat chips - mmmm tasty!
Overall a great first time experience, we missed the deep fried pickles so will have to suss that out next time! .
P.s - Don't go and try to see Vivid on a Saturday like we attempted to! Its CRAZY!! People everywhere!!!
Address and opening details can be found here: weebly
I like trying new things, visiting new places and going on food adventures. I keep it short, simple and sweet!